Certificate Program Listing: Religious Instruction
We offer the following certificate program courses related to Religious Instruction:
Details about each of these certificate program courses is below.
Religious Education: Teaching In Catholic Schools
Note: This certificate course is open to anyone applying to the Catholic School Boards in Ontario and faculty of education students in their final year of study. This course is not equivalent to the Religious Education, Part 1 Additional Qualification (AQ). This is not a mandatory course but is advised if seeking employment with a Catholic School Board (CSB). The CSB may require candidates to be practicing Roman/Eastern rite Catholics.
This course is intended to introduce pre-service Teacher Candidates to professional practice and to extend knowledge and skills in the delivery of Ontario Catholic curriculum, however, it is also considered a valuable resource for all applicants to the CSB.
This course is 36 hours in length and is fully online. Critical to the implementation of this course is the modeling of a positive learning environment that reflects care, professional knowledge, ethical practice, leadership and ongoing learning. This course answers the question, "What do I need to know to begin teaching in Ontario Catholic Schools?"
Consequently, this course:
- promotes an understanding of teaching as a vocation rooted in the call to Christian ministry
- creates an awareness of the context of Ontario Catholic education
- develops skills that enhance the integration of Catholic Graduate Expectations in the classroom and throughout the school
- fosters professional knowledge of Religious and Family Life Education, and
- assists teachers in the acquisition of the theological background and skills necessary for the implementation of the Religious Education and Family Life curriculum.
- Teacher candidates are advised that Catholic school boards may require teachers to be practicing Roman/Eastern Rite Catholics
Course Fee: $200 + HST
Cancellation Policy: Withdrawals are effective on the date signed withdrawal notice is received and course fees refunded subject to $50 non-refundable amount. No withdrawals or refunds after start date. Find out more about Religious Education: Teaching In Catholic Schools...