Three computer labs are available for Education students.
|Graduate Student PC lab||248 Winters College||2 PCs, 1 colour scanner, 1 Black and White Laser Printer and 1 Colour Printer|
|Graduate Student Mac lab||265 Winters College||4 Macs, 1 colour scanner and 1 Black and White Laser Printer|
|Undergraduate Student PC lab||Toronto Catholic District School Board (CEC Site)||17 PCs, 1 colour scanner and 1 Black and White Laser Printer|
Lab hours: Graduate Student lab (24/7), Undergraduate Student lab (CEC site office hour)
Software available (All labs)
- Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Internet Explorer
- Microsoft Office 2010 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- VLC Player
Software available (Graduate labs only)
- Adobe Creative Cloud (including Photoshop and Illustrator)
- Dragon Naturally Speaking
- QuickTime (Mac only)
- Safari, iMovie, Pages, Numbers and Keynote
|ED-Winters248-GRAD01||Winters College room 248||$0.10 per page|
|ED-Winters248-GRAD03||Winters College room 248||$0.25 per page (colour)|
|ED-Winters265-GRAD02||Winters College room 265||$0.10 per page|
|ED-CECLabPrinter||Toronto Catholic District School Board (CEC Site)||$0.10 per page|
Note: For ED-CECLabPrinter, Direct Print is the only way to submit a print job. Printing credit can be deposited by CEC site secretary.
There are two ways to submit a print job for printers located in Winters College. Print job will be held in a queue until it is “released”. (see Release Print Job below) and will automatically be deleted in three days (72 hours).
- Direct Print –
- Print job can be submitted from a workstation in Winters College room 248 and 265.
- WebPrint –
- Go to https://webprint.uit.yorku.ca:9192/user
- Login with your Passport York account
- Click on Submit a Job
- Select the printer you want to use
- Click on Print Options and Account Selection
- Enter the number of copies, then click Upload Document
- Click on Browse… and select the file to print
- Click on Upload & Complete
Release Print Job (for printers located in Winters College)
- Login to the release station using your YU-Card or Passport York account
- Select the document(s) to print
- When printing is complete, click Done to logout
Note: Follow these instructions if your YU-Card does not bring up your account, or you are using a guest card:
- Swipe the YU-Card
- Click Yes to register under a Passport York account
- Enter your Passport York credentials
- The card will then register and combine balances
For more information about obtaining, reporting, updating balance YU Card visit yucard.info.yorku.ca.
There is a scanner attached to a PC in Winters College room 248. It can scan images and convert text documents into editable files using Optical Character Recognition (OCR).
- This lab may be used only by members of the Faculty of Education at York University, including current students, staff, and faculty. If you wish to use a computer, but you are not a member of the York University, please ask the Help Desk for assistance.
- Please carry your YUcard with you while using the lab. You may be asked to present it at any time, and if you don’t have it with you, you may be asked to leave the lab.
- You must have a valid Passport York account in order to use lab computers.
- You may not share your username or password with another user, and you may not use your network account to log another person into a lab computer, even if that person is a trusted friend or family member. To do is a violation of the university’s policy on Acceptable Use of the University Computing Facilities and Network, which you agreed to abide by when you created your Passport York account.
- Please remember to log out before leaving the computer. You are responsible for the computer you are logged in on.
- Academic work by current Education students takes precedence over all other uses of the lab, including but not limited to non-academic games, chatting, email, or web surfing. A user engaged in non-academic activity may be asked to give up his/her computer to allow another user to carry out legitimate academic work.
- Equipment is first come, first served, and cannot be reserved. Please do not attempt to reserve a computer by leaving your belongings around it. If a computer is left unattended for 10 minutes or more, Computer Lab staff may log you out of the computer, move your belongings, and another user may have access to the computer. No attempt will be made to save any data.
- Please do not leave your personal belongings unattended. Users are responsible for their own possessions, and belongings. Computer Lab staff are not responsible for lost, stolen, or moved items.
- You may not install software on lab computers, including but not limited to games, ICQ or instant messengers, media players, etc. If you need a specific piece of software for academic purposes, please talk to a staff at the Help Desk to find out the appropriate procedure for having it installed.
- Please do not reconfigure computers, personalize desktops, or alter another user’s files. Please do not move computers or tamper with their cables. If you have a legitimate reason for wanting to alter a computer station, please ask a staff member at the Help Desk to find out the appropriate procedure.
- Use of the computer facilities should not hamper or interfere with the ability of other students to do academic work. Activities to be avoided include but are not limited to excessive computer volume, loud conversation or laughter, use of offensive language, viewing of offensive or explicit imagery, cell phone calls, and other disruptive behavior.
- Viewing of pornography or other sexually explicit materials in the lab is not appropriate. If anyone in the lab sees you engaging in such activity, you may be asked to stop the activity immediately and/or leave the computer lab. If you have legitimate academic need for viewing such materials (as verified by your instructor), please ask a staff member at the Help Desk about a arranging a more private location where other lab patrons will not be disturbed by your activity.
- Be courteous to your fellow lab patrons by turning off your pager or cell phone ringer, and by taking all personal conversations and/or cell phone calls outside the lab.
- Food and drink are not permitted in the lab. Please dispose of your own trash, and pack out any items that you brought in.
- Absolutely no alcohol, tobacco or other drugs allowed in the lab.
- Children under 10 years of age are not permitted in the lab without adult supervision.